Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Lenten Antependium for the Cathedral Altar

One of my favorite things to do is to make altar antependia. It's a little tedious at times, and the larger the altar the more difficult it is, as I have limited space. Still, I just find it very gratifying, and I always imagine that Our Lord will be pleased.

Here's my latest creation. I made a way to hang it on the wall so that I could see the whole thing all at once. 


Below you will see the finished product in place. I think it makes the altar in the Cathedral look like an altar in a Cathedral is supposed to look!. In these photos, the candlesticks haven't been added, and if you look closely, you will see the steamer is standing behind the altar...lol!

But you get the idea...




Here's the view people will have as they enter the Cathedral for Mass.


Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment