Sunday, March 8, 2015

Ora et...

"Ora", yes, but let someone else do the "labora"?!

Ha! Here is a funny twist to my little "Altarations" business: a friend had sent the link to a parish he thought might be interested in ordering an antependia or two. It was obvious from my stat counter, that someone at that parish was looking at every page of that little blog, over and over again! That was kind of exciting, and I was pleased about the prospect of a little extra income. The candle supply is dwindling, you know!

But then...I'll spare you all the details...my friend and I figured out that the parish in question was probably going to make the antependium themselves! I put a lot of info on that blog regarding the process of making an antependium, and even the source I use for fabric; and I did so with the intention of enabling others to do what I do. So in the big scheme of things, I am not at all unhappy that the parish would use that information in order to create their own paraments.  It's really about bringing beauty and majesty and proper "vestments" to the altar of God, after all!

I am a little disappointed, though. I really do enjoy making those things. But I do have my own projects. All these years that I've had my chapel (coming up on the 10-year anniversary in September!), I have never had a rose-colored antependium for use on those two Sundays of the year when that color is allowed (Gaudete Sunday, the 3rd Sunday in Advent; and Laetare Sunday, the 4th Sunday in Lent). But one is in the works! It's VERY pink, though. This was the best fabric I have found in all these years. 



Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment