Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Triduum Photos

As always, it was a very holy Holy Week at my favorite retreat spot. A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say, so here are a few photos to show you what it was like.

First, the weather...it was sunny, and it was cloudy. It was spring-like, and there was snow:

 

Tenebrae each morning:





Holy Thursday Altar of Repose:


Only one last minute project, which was pretty easy to accomplish: a cover for the crucifix (two were needed, actually):



 Good Friday:



On Holy Saturday, we again had to forego the Paschal Vigil Mass, for lack of servers, but we did have a reverent and solemn Vespers, at which the water was blessed, the Paschal candle was blessed, and the Exultet was sung.

Easter Sunday! The tabernacle was not veiled at the beginning, because the Blessed Sacrament was not present. After Mass, the tabernacle was veiled.



 I particularly like this chasuble, although I have yet to get a good photo of it.



Later that night, I spend some time before Our Lord in the darkened chapel:


And here is my own chapel:


Happy Easter!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment